Established in 1970, the Planning Association for the Richmond (PAR), is San Francisco's largest membership-based neighborhood organization. Our mission is to maintain and improve the quality of life in San Francisco's Richmond District.
We are a 501c3 corporation. Dues start at $15 per year and are fully tax deductible. This is our only source of income. In order to keep views and values grounded in the Richmond, we do not accept operating funds from any private or government body.
Membership is open to everyone living, working, or owning property or a business in the Richmond District of San Francisco.
We are governed by an annually elected, 23-member Board of Directors, which meets monthly. Our newsletter is published quarterly prior to each General Membership Meeting.
Our mission is to make the Richmond District a better place to live:
- To develop and implement policies and recommendations for that maintain and enhance the physical and social dimensions of life in the Richmond District.
- To stimulate formation of neighborhood organizations in the areas of the Richmond District currently unserved.
- To support individual associations in pursuing issues relating to planning and the physical and social environment.
PAR works on Richmond District issues
PAR is involved in a variety of issues that affect the quality of life in the Richmond District. Current and past issues of involvement include:
• Bicycle route and lane planning
• California Academy of Sciences
• Clean Water Advisory Commission
• Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco (de Young Museum, Legion of Honor)
• Doyle Drive Task Force
• Friends of the Urban Forest
• Geary Corridor Transportation Plan (Bus Rapid Transit, parking & traffic)
• Golden Gate Park Concourse Authority
• Golden Gate Park (Master Plan, use, noise, traffic, concerts & events)
• GGNRA - Ocean Beach, Cliff House
• Graffiti removal
• Heritage Inner-Richmond Survey
• Housing Action Coalition
• Kaiser Neighborhood Council
• Lobos Creek
• Mountain Lake Park
• Neighborhood Associations for Presidio Planning
• Recreation-Open Space Advisory Committee
• Park Presidio Blvd. planting & renovation
• Parking and Traffic solutions
• Planning and Zoning
• Presidio Environmental Clean-up
• Presidio Trust
• Public Health Service Hospital
• Residential Permit Parking
• Richmond Branch Library retrofit
• Richmond Hills Family Center
• Richmond Neighborhood Coalition
• Richmond Police Forum
• Richmond Recreation Center
• SF Planning & Urban Research: SPUR
• Sutro Heights Historic District
• Tour Bus Task Force
• Veterans Administration Medical Center
5758 Geary Blvd., #356
San Francisco CA 94121-2112
(415) 541-5652 voice mail
(415) 541-5652 fax/efax